Gamification is a technology that can make even boring tasks interesting. All that is needed is to come up with a game and determine the motivation of the players. The main question is - how to make the most of these technology in an educational context?Read more about Gamification in education
Adaptive game service that can be built into any educational program. Owners of educational resources through the use of the service will be able to increase the demand for their educational resources. And students will be motivated to learn by game progress..
Our idea is to create a service with a single game and a single game progress for all educational programs. Owners of educational sites can order the introduction of our role-playing game in their educational program. In order to implement it, they must determine how much game resources will be received by the student for the performance of a particular task and send this data to the moderator for confirmation. After that, the owner of the educational site will receive a single API of a game for all educational sites.
We are facing a problem ..:
1) Popularizing our service everywhere.
2) Balance of promotion depending on the complexity of the educational program.
3) Abuse of API usage.
How we solve the problems:
1) Free cooperation with educational sites at the beginning of a startup.
2) Creating an approximate balance of game progress from the complexity of the educational program. The educational site itself chooses how many points the student will receive for a particular task, but the number of points must be approved by the moderator.
3) Creating an opportunity to cancel the game progress and the moderator's team
Solution target group
Target group: entrepreneurs who have their own educational website or other educational program and want to promote it
Our service helps to increase students' motivation by encouraging them to learn in the form of game progress, namely, to gain gaming XP, improve game level and fight for the list of leaders. Our service attracts additional attention to the customer portal. It is also possible that in the future the level and display of completed educational programs in our servise will influence the situation when the employer chooses between several employees, just as it is now influenced by Github.
Solution tweet textAdaptive game service that can be built into any educational program. Owners of educational resources through the use of the service will be able to increase the demand for their educational resources. And students will be motivated to learn by game progress..
There are many sites on the market with training in the game style, but for each site the game was developed individually. Our solution is characterized by adaptability between educational programs and overall progress in all educational programs.
Our project cannot be used in other contexts because the idea of the project is to create a monopoly in the educational environment in a play style.
The implementation of the service will be based on the offer to educational portals to use our service. Our service may be difficult to implement in the medium term due to unpopularity of the service and doubts about its usefulness, but in the long term with a gradual awareness of its positive aspects and its popularization, the service will be significant not only in motivating the student to study new things, but also in a situation where the employer chooses between several employees.
Solution team work
The actions of our team were united. The duties to create the project were evenly distributed, and everyone coped with the task perfectly.
* Climate-KIC publishes the proposed solutions developed during the DigiEduHack event solely for the purposes of facilitating public access to the information concerning ideas and shall not be liable regarding any intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to pertain to the implementation or use any of the proposed solutions shared on its website neither does it represent that it has made any effort to identify any such rights. Climate-KIC cannot guarantee that the text of the proposed solution is an exact reproduction of the proposed solution. This database is general in character and where you want to use and develop a proposed solution further, this is permitted provided that you acknowledge the source and the team which worked on the solution by using the team’s name indicated on the website.